Lamb is something that many hesitate to grill, in fear of failure – but fear not friends! As long as You have a thermometer and good sense – You are home free.
This recipe is with a Asian touch in the marinade – let the lamb rest for about 24 hrs then cook for about 1 hr.
- 1 lamb roast/steak
- 2 dl coconut milk
- One straw of lemongrass , just the green part
- Juice from 3 limefruits
- 2 green chillis (or of your choice)
- 6 cloves of garlic (minced/crushed)
- 1 tbsp ground fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp Muscovado sugar
- 10 crushed corns of black pepper
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- Mix all ingredients for marinade and add the meat , make sure it is covered by the liquid. Let sit in fridge for 24 h.
- Prepare the grill for indirect heat and approx 150 degr Celsius
- Place steak on grill, and wait for desired inner temp. 55 degr C for rare.
- 62 gr for Medium, 70 – Well done
- Let the good meat rest for at least 10 minutes in bakers paper or foil, then slice thinly and serve.