This is a really awesome recipe and one of the best thing I can do on the grill.
It´s easy to use different type of fillings, so choose your favorite.
It also looks really cool with the bacon weave when you serve it.
- 500 g minced pork
- 1 tbs paprikapowder
- 1 clove mashed garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbs ground pepper
- 1 tbs fennel seeds
- 1 tbs chiliflakes
- 3 packages of bacon
- Ground cheese
- Your favorite BBQ-Rub
- BBQ-sauce of your choice
- Mix the spices, garlic and minced pork well
- rest in fridge for about an hour
- shred a package of bacon and fry it crispy
- Make a baconweave of 2 packages of bacon tutorial here:
- rub the baconwave with bbqrub
- flatten the minced pork and make it the same size as the bacon wave. use plasticfoil in the bottom.
- Rub again
- Spread BBQ-sauce over the minced pork
- add crisp bacon and grated cheese
- Use the plastic foil to roll the mince pork with the filling.
Make it as tight as possible.
- Place it on the bacon wave and carfully roll it in
- use som rub even outside the bacon.
- Prepare your smoker for indirect heat and about 300 F (150 C)
- Use some of your favorite smokewood
- When it reaches a innertemperature of 150 f (65 C) its done.
- Let rest a couple of minutes
- baste with BBQSauce befor serving