The ordinary pork chop might be kind of boring sometimes. But, when properly cooked (grilled) it is fabulous. Marinate in booze or beer and it both tenderizes and adds flavour.
In this recipe Bishops Fingers and Captain Morgan Spiced rhum, with a selection of spices for at least 24 hrs, prepares the chops for a quite quick dance on the grill.
- Nice pork chops
- 1 bottle Bishop Fingers Ale
- 0,5 dl Captain Morgan Spiced Rhum
- 3 crushed cloves of garlic
- 1 cinnamon pod
- 2 chopped chillies
- Twigs of thyme
- 3 tbsp unIodized salt
- Some freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp turmeric for colour
- Mix everything for the marinade/Brine, add chops, let sit for 24 hrs.
- Take chops out of fluid, whipe off, season before grilling.
- Prepare grill for 50/50 – method. Rather High Heat.
- Grill directly a couple of minutes on each side till nice colour
- Move to indirect zone and finish chops there
- Innertemp 65 – Done. Let rest in foil a bit before serving.
- Enjoy with sides of choice.