Oysters = LUXURY – for most of us. Mostly eaten fresh, but a real treat when gratinated on the grill!
Here is a hot charcoal grilled version! Right over burning coals!
- 12 whole fresh oysters
- 60 g butter
- 2 slices of bacon, finely chopped
- 8 spinach leaves
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp parsilley, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp bread crumbs
- 1 finely chopped chili
- Light up your grill with coals or briquettes
- Open the pysters, be careful!
- Melt the butter
- Add the bacon and fry till nice colour
- Add the spinach, onion, parsilley crumbs and chili
- Heat (medium) until the spinach leaves wilter
- Spread the mixture over the oysters and then grill directly on coal for about 2-3 min
Perfect starter – not quite associated with grilling!