Cherry and chicken is a match made in heaven
It has a great fruity flavor that goes really well with the chicken
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 tbs dried green tea
- 1 tbs lemonpepper
- 1 tbs granulated garlic
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 can cherrycoke
- Cherry smokewood
- Mix all the spices and rub the chicken.
- Open the can and drink half of the cherry coke.
- Pour some of the rub in the can
- Open the top of the can with a can opener.
- Place the Chicken over the can. (for best result usa a beer can chicken holder)
- Prepare the grill for indirect heat and about 300 F / 150 F
- Place the chicken at the middle of the grid, use your cherry smoke wood and close the lid.
- When the chicken reaches an innertemperature of 165 F /75 C its done
- Let rest for about 5 minutes and server.