This is somewhat of a Danish national dish. A crispy pork rind is the best there is. Here- injected with Whiskybutter for taste- then the roast rotates on a skewer to make a real good crust.
If You do not have a rotisserie – it works just fine grilling indirectly.
- 1 pork roast with rind
- Salt, pepper
- 50 gr butter
- 2 tbsp Whisky
- Cut/incise rind ca 1 cm apart
- Put water to a boil, pour some in an oven proof form
- Häll lite i botten av en ugnsform.
- Place meat, rind down, into water – makes rind soft and then crisp during grilling
- Leave for 10 min
- Whipe rind dry, salt generously
- Prepare grill for indirect heat – 175 degr C
- Place steak on rotisserie skewer
- Chop thyme, melt butter together with the whisky – then pour through a sieve as not to get pieces of herbs in the syringe
- When steak/roast has done half time – inject w Whisky butter
- Continue grilling till about 57 degr C .
- Move your coal holders directly under rotisserie for direct heat and searing the rind till it ”pos” and gets real crispy.
- Make sure innertemp of roast is above 65 C
- Let rest when done Serve in a classic Danish fashion – with boiled potates, red cabbage, gravy and applesauce.