This is an easy recipe for kebabskewers on the grill. Won´t take you more than 10 min. As side – a simple cabbagesalad in foil pack, done on the grill as well! Tastes really good!
- ca 500 g lamb, beef or mixed minced meat
- 1 egg
- 1/2 dl finely chopped fresh minth or thyme
- 1/2 dl finely chopped garlic
- 1 tbs cumin
- 1 tsp dried minth or thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ml pepper
For the salad:
- 250 g cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 onion, shredded
- 150 g sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 sliced zuccini
- 1 tbs Japanese soy sauce
- 1,5 tbsp mango chutney.
- 2 tbsp butter
Mix mince meat and spice thouroghly, put on skewers (squeeze it tightly to fasten good).
The metal skewers are the best, the flat ones.
- Shred/slice cabbage, onion, paprika, zucchini and mushrooms
- Make a foil parcel and add all vegetables
- Add on top the chutney and soy sauce
- Final topping of butter, fold the parcel like a small boat
Prepare grill for 50/50-method
Place foil parcel on direct heat zone and grill skewers direct on high heat for firmness and colour. Move skewers to cooler zone to finish.
Serve with greek tzatziki and some bread, which you can grill too.