A Good piece of Sirloin steak is hard to beat…
We prefer to grill a whole steak, quite slow, makes it juicy… And easier to pick at right temp.
Coffee makes good rub – espresso beans here even. Very nice with beef.
A nice cut of Sirloin steak (or other beef cut)
For the rub:
Note – large batch – make half of it if U don´t want so much -Keeps well to 6 months in sealed jar
- 2,5 dl ancho chilipowder
- 2,5 dl finely ground espressobeans
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp muscovadosugar
- 1 tbsp mustardpowder (like Colmans)
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp grpund black pepper
- 0,5 tbsp ground cilantro
- 0,5 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Finely grind the coffee beans
- Mix all other ingredients
- Let the meat get room temperature
- Rub the spices in
- Set grill for low&slow and indirect
- Aim for 100 – 125 degr C
- Grill meat indirect until inner temp of 50 Degr C
- Take meat of grill, let rest in foil or butchers paper
- Meanwhile – prepare grill for high direct heat!
- When the steak has had its rest, let it sear / burn quickly – make it look nice!
- Let it rest a little while longer, then slice and serve…
- This way it will be medium rare – if U prefer it medium – let meat go to 57 Degr C before resting and second searing.