Pastrami is really tasty and full off flavours.
It´s also really simple to do pn your own
- 1 piece of brisket, trim the meat and leave a small piece of fat.
For the brine
- 15 cups of water
- 160g Nitrite Salt
- 80g sugar
- 40g Liquid Honey
- 4 tbs Don Marco’s Pork Powder
- 2 tbs Don Marco’s Wonder Green
- 1 tbs Yellow Mustard seeds
Gör så här:
- Mix everything together.
- Mix until the salt and sugar has disolved
- Inject the brisket with the mixture, the brine the whole piece of meat in the mix
- Put in fridge for about 48 hours
- rins in cold water
- Put the brisket on a grind and let dry in fridge for about two hours.
- Rub the top of the meat with 0,25 cups of Don Mrcos Pork Powder, and 0,25 cups Don Marco´s Wonder green
- Prepare your smoker for low & slow and about 225 F
- Smoke the brisket with oakwood for about 3 hours
- put in aluminum foil and wrap it tight an place on the smoker again
- It´s done when the brisket reaches a innertemperature of 190-197 F
- Steam the meat and let cool.
Put i fridge and cut in thin slices the day after.