Word. Flank steak is super. When properly grilled, tender and incredibly flavoursome. In this recipe – the meat marinates in Smirnoff Razz (raspberry vodka), herbs & spice for almost 48 hrs.
- 1 flank steak
- 3 dl Smirnoff Razz (or other vodka)
- 2 tbsp pepper corns
- 3 chopped chillies (you choose amount of heat…)
- Twigs of parsilley, Thyme and Mint, finely chopped
- 3 crushed cloves of garlic
- 1 dash of olive oil
- Mix everything for marinade
- Cut finely/pierce flank steak against fibres
- Put steak in a zip-lockbag, pour marinade in. Make sure all air is pressed out of bag.
- Let marinate for at least 24 hrs
- Prepare grill for direct REAL heat
- Grill steak couple of minutes on each side
- For best result – use a thermapen or other device
Now, depending on how U like Your steak
- For rare – take it off at 55 degr C, for Medium – 60 degr.
- Any inner temp above – is an abuse of beef.
- Let meat rest, then slice finely and sideways across fibres.