Turkey dinner – a nice tradition
What better way to cook your Turkey than on the grill or smoker?
This here is my way of doing a rotisserie grilled turkey.
- 1 turkey
- 3 cans of beer (33 cl)
- 1 l water
- 1,5 dl salt
- 1,5 dl brown sugar
- 0,5 dl lemonpeppermix
- 2 tbs chopped parsilley
- 1 tbs celery salt
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped or crushed
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sage
- 2 lemons
- Apple smoke chunks/chips
- Soak smoke chips (optional)
- Mix water, beer, salt and sugar.
- Heat – make sure everything dissolves, then let cool.
- Place bird in brine. Make sure whole bird is covered in brine.
- Leave in fridge for approx 24 h.
- Mix everything for the rub.
- Remove bird from brine, rinse and dry pat. Rub olive oil all over.
- Give it a good rub all round.
- Set grill for indirect heat and approx 125 degr C.
- Cut lemons in halves and put on rotisserieskewer.
- Then mount the turkey, thus putting the lemons inside the bird.
- Add smoke chips on coals.
- Grill on indirect heat till the turkey has an innertemp of 68 degr C.
- Let rest , then carve and serve! Enjoy!